Here’s a Roasted Lemon Brussels Sprouts recipe to brighten up your day.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, end trimmed and halved
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters and then into paper thin slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- juice of a lemon
- Cut the brussels sprouts in half, lengthwise.
- Toss with olive oil, lemon slices, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Get your skillet hot and place the Brussels sprouts flat down.
- Cook for 15 minutes until they brown.
- A few minutes before serving I cover the pan to ensure that they are cooked thru and thru.
- Right before serving squeeze lemon juice over them.
Compliments of The Rose Pistola Cookbook from the restaurant in North Beach, San Francisco. A favorite spot of mine.