This recipe is a low fat version of your steak house creamed spinach.
Active prep and cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 12 oz bagged fresh baby spinach (about 7 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup Neufchatel (light) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 turns freshly ground black pepper
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil.
- When oil is hot, add garlic and onion flakes and sauté for 15 seconds.
- Add spinach and water and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, tossing with tongs occasionally, just until most of the spinach is wilted.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir until cheese melts.
This recipe was developed By Michelle Dudash RD who nows writes the food column for The Arizona Republic